Snoonet is a network run by redditors, for redditors.
- Thousands of redditors and hundreds of subreddits already use Snoonet every day.
- Snoonet provides better security and support because of our focus on reddit users and reddit communities.
- We serve as a centralized reddit hub. Whether you're a casual or serious user, there's a reddit-related channel for you.
Snoonet protects your privacy
- IPs and registration information are visible only to yourself and Snoonet Staff
- User channels are hidden from their WHOIS - Other users cannot view what channels you are in unless you explicitly allow it
- Private messages can be restricted to only users you want to message you
For more information, please see our Privacy and Security page
Snoonet offers a free BNC (ZNC)
- Learn about our BNC setup, and policy. Exceptions can be made for users from large subreddits.
- Don't miss out on chats, we offer an always connected service so your nickname stays connected 24/7.
- Make sure to have a registered Nick Name before issuing this command:
Snoonet offers notifications to your phone, tablet, or mobile device
- Read more about push notifications to keep up-to-date on IRC when away from your computer
- Receive a notification on your mobile device whenever you are pinged or messaged
- Reply directly from your device using your client of choice
Snoonet offers subreddit vhosts (*@subreddit/username)
- You need to have a registered nickname in order to use this command. You must also be in the appropriate subreddit channel with 40 or more users (and be on the access list):
Please inquire in #help or open a ticket at https://support.snoonet.org/ to have your vhost assigned.
Snoonet offers custom services and policies catered to reddit and unique to our network.
- Channel bots created specifically for redditors, which any channel op can /invite.
- SubWatch - automatically posts subreddit threads, is able to watch private subreddits and announce threads based on keywords in the title.
- redditBot - allows users to view key info from reddit on IRC - user karma, subscriber count and subreddit mods.
- gonzobot - a customized Cloudbot implementation for the communities on Snoonet.
- memebot - provides a way to quickly create image macros/memes.
- imagebot - pulls an image post from any subreddit using the !image command.
- Priority enforcement for reddit nicks and channels. Mods of corresponding subreddits get preference for IRC channels, and unlike on Freenode and other networks, you no longer have to use the #reddit-channelname format. Additionally, If you own a username on reddit, you will be able to use the corresponding nickname on Snoonet.
- Custom webchat built in cooperation with Snoonet, and simple, short-form channel links (http://webchat.snoonet.org/channelname).
Snoonet Mumble server
Mumble is great for getting together with a group of people to voice chat casually, or for having more serious meetings. Our public server information is as follows:
- port 64738
- Integration with Reddit Enhancement Suite for an experience directly tied to reddit.