- If you are completely new to Internet Relay Chat we suggest you read up on basic commands and functionality here: IRC Help - New2irc
- To register your user nick you must have a valid e-mail address.
- You may group another nickname to your current one (same thing as registering, just linking it to one account)
- if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #help - As the users there will help, as well as Snoonet staff members. You'll be treated politely and fairly.
- By default when you connect to snoonet user mode +x is set, which obfuscates your IP address. Vhosts will mask your host, but only when you are identified with NickServ
- To register your nickname use command:
/msg NickServ register <password> <e-mail>
- To add multiple nicks to your account, use
/nick newnick(example: You are Nicky1,
/nick Nicky2) and /msg nickserv group - You must be registered and identified to a services account to GROUP a nick.
- To register an IRC channel join the channel with /join #channelname, if you have ops in that channel you can then
/msg chanserv register #channelname.
- To add users to to auto-op or auto voice, we recommend you check the help section with ChanServ (
/msg ChanServ help flags)
- Detailed channel setting help can be found here: mode help
Due to recent changes in the Snoonet network infrastructure, our servers now use a single, officially signed certificate for all secure (SSL) connections, provided by StartSSL. For our security-conscious clients, the below fingerprints may be used to verify the identity of a Snoonet server:
The reason for self-signing is to offer encryption and security for those who seek it while handling issues with our paid/valid certificate to work with the IRCds.
Authing on Connect
We provide a variety of ways to authorize your client with NickServ upon connect, please read the related help document